View Single Post
Old November 29 2012, 09:35 PM   #52
Christopher
Writer

Re: Star Trek Federation: The First 150 Years

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
The reference seems to align with the novels' assumption that George Kirk Sr was off the scene by his son's Academy days, but that Winona was still alive.
But Spock Prime said in the movie that George Prime lived to see his son become captain of the Enterprise.

In my quick riffles so far, I've found Treklit name drops for Bryce Shumar and the Stiles family ("Starfleet Year One" *)...

* Ah, Shumar was originally from TNG's "Power Play".
Yes, and it was "Balance of Terror" that established the Stiles family's role in the Romulan War. SY1 and the Enterprise novels have both used Shumar and the Stiles family because they're some of the very few canonical characters we know of from that time. So it was pretty much inevitable that they'd show up here. Although from what I've seen, all three versions disagree on the names of Lt. Stiles's ancestors, and on what Shumar's assignment was during the war.

, UFP Presidents Hyram Roth (ST IV) and Ra-ghoratreii the Efrosian (ST VI).
Interesting, since the name Hiram Roth comes from Articles of the Federation (I think), and Ra-ghoratreii from the ST VI novelization.

There is so much information in this tome, a seamless blending of canonical material and the author's many extrapolations from canon, that future novel and comic authors would only be able to cherrypick some easter eggs when writing stories set in the period. It's sensible that Christopher is taking his own direction.
I kind of had to, since there's no way I could afford this book at the moment. I am curious what it has to say about the time period I'm covering and the years around it, though.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote