View Single Post
Old November 29 2012, 04:26 PM   #287
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
Although I was initially really excited by the news that Singer had gotten Stewart and McKellen to return, I sat down and thought about it some more and came to the conclusion that I honestly could've done without Sir Ian coming back. Now, before I get angry posts directed my way, let me say that I absolutely adore McKellen in both his role as Magneto and his role as Gandalf in LOTR, so this has nothing to do with his skills. The reason I'm reticent about his return is that the announcement of his return has me wondering if Singer is going to end up excising The Last Stand from continuity, which could, in turn, excise the upcoming Wolverine - which we now know is a pseudo-sequel to TLS - from the continuity as well. Now, I'm not opposed to excising TLS from continuity per-se, but would like the X-Men filmic universe to be as cohesive as possible, particularly since Singer and Matthew Vaughn got things back on track with First Class in a major way, and it seems unnecessary and unwise to me to possibly excise The Wolverine from the continuity of said universe based on decisions made with regards to DoFP, especially when the former film hasn't even come out yet.
Is there any reason to believe the continuity in which Xavier and Magneto appear would be fundamentally at odds with their fates in TLS? It could just as easily show them in an alternate timeline (DOFP) which is eventually corrected, or just show them during some period of time prior to TLS. I don't see what the big deal is, other than foaming fanboys being desperate to have TLS wiped from existence, creating a controversy where there isn't one.