View Single Post
Old November 29 2012, 03:48 AM   #58
Sector 7
Vice Admiral
Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: What do you want to see in TAS Remastered?

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
The work had to pass the quality test to make viewers care. Lou Scheimer was determined to respect the content, and that went a long way in making TAS work.

If a low-balling company like Hanna-Barbera produced TAS, fans would have revolted with episode one, as it is a bit distracting to see characters' arms slip off of the body, insignias switch colors, and backgrounds painted on the level of a pre-schooler with watercolors.

That was H-B in the early 70s, and as the other big U.S. animation house (on TV), ST was more than blessed to have Filmation handle the series, which--as seen right out of the gates in 1973--was the right direction.
I don't think I ever saw the same version of TAS that you did. The one I saw had very little movement, insignias DID often change colors... as did rank for the same character, continuity within each episode was non-existant... and yet, because it was my first exposure to Star Trek, I LOVE IT! I still consider my favorite Father's Day present, ST:TAS on DVD.
Kelso wrote: View Post
I'd prefer a new animated series.

And I love TAS.

Carry on.
Davros wrote: View Post
Make new ones and leave the originals as they are.
“When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free.” -Pres. Obama
"A great democracy does not make it harder to vote than to buy an assault weapon." -Pres. Clinton
Sector 7 is offline   Reply With Quote