View Single Post
Old November 28 2012, 11:50 PM   #94
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Casting rumors!

Marvel, after reportedly hiring James Gunn as director, has begun the effort to cast Peter Quill, the Guardians leader who is the offspring of a human mother and an alien father. I’m hearing that Marvel is making test deals with a small group of leading men. Here are the names: Zero Dark Thirty‘s Joel Edgerton, Boardwalk Empire‘s Jack Huston, Cloud Atlas‘s Jim Sturgess, Lee Pace (who has roles in both Lincoln and The Hobbit), and Eddie Redmayne from Les Miserables.

I’ve confirmed all of them are in contention, but can’t say definitively that this list is all inclusive as I’ve also heard of interest from or in Garrett Hedlund, James Marsden (already played Cyclops in X-Men but then again Chris Evans played Fantastic Four‘s Human Torch before landing Captain America) and Edgerton’s Animal Kingdom costar Sullivan Stapleton.
Lee Pace and Jack Huston are both terrific actors, would love to see them in something. But of this whole list, Mardsen is the one who seems primed for a "team leader" role that is more substantial than what he was allowed in X-Men.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote