View Single Post
Old November 28 2012, 08:28 PM   #967
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
BillJ, I think you are being unfair to FrontierTrek. In his review of Season 2 he openly admits that he too is disappointed with what we are seeing.

For Season 2, HTV have taken a different approach to visual effects. In all honesty, I found the second season to be a somewhat mixed bag of hits and misses with these shots. Some work is truly stunning – the new digital matte painting for the Borg Cube interior is a work of art: we are treated to steam rising from vents and Borg drones walking around the cube as the camera pans out. It’s clear an awful lot of time and effort went into that. On the flip side, a lot of work just doesn’t meet the (admittedly high) standards set by CBS Digital in Season 1. Whilst I respect the team’s intention to remain ardently true to the original show, as I made my way through the season I started to question why some planets have been created with blurry textures (almost appearing like they’ve been upscaled from standard definition) which jar so much with the beautiful HD renders worked on by Max Gabl and CBS-Digital for Season 1.
Text bolded by me for emphasis.
Then why be so defensive here when people criticize the screencaps? I don't frequent TrekCore.com anymore so I hadn't seen his season two review.