View Single Post
Old November 28 2012, 07:51 PM   #2815
TheRoyalFamily
Commodore

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Xhiandra wrote: View Post

Now, it seems the best way to generate EC is to take advantage of people: buy Major Regens/Hypos/Shield Charges/various Provisions at a NPC, sell for 10x the cost or more on the Exchange.
People still buy that stuff? I could see that happening in the first few days, but you'd think people would learn which NPC's to buy that crap from pretty quick. I know some folks get out of the habit of talking to NPC's, and before there was absolutely no reason to buy anything from them, but that's just ridiculous.

In S6 you could make loads of EC selling doffs on the exchange, but the prices imploded at S7. On the one hand there was a lot less need for certain doffs for fleet projects, but on the other hand Cryptic made it a lot harder to get them (for cheap, at least). Plus, the large amounts of identically-priced doffs on the exchange makes me wonder if there isn't some sort of manipulation going on there...