View Single Post
Old November 28 2012, 04:25 PM   #1641
Ln X
Fleet Captain

Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
It is a low score, but I have a great deal of trouble getting past the way this episode undermines one of the best character dynamics on the show. Dukat's desire to get romantically involved with Kira was about ego, self-delusion, and a desire to be loved by the person that hated him most. Now Dukat just seems like a creep that wanted to get with the daughter of his former lover. It also interferes with Dukat's relationship with Tora Naprem.
I don't think it takes anything away from the Dukat/Kira story arc. In fact it clarifies things, I mean before this episode when you really think about it, why did Dukat set his eyes on Kira? Why her? Dukat bonking Meru certainly explains a lot.

That's why this episode should be 3.5 or 4 stars because it totally shakes up Kira's perceptions about collaborators, her mother, and about her father.

Finally it doesn't interfere with Tora Naprem because a) Ziyal had to be twentyish when she died, which means Naprem gave birth to Ziyal just after Meru died. Also Dukat could have tired of Meru, that would be typical of Dukat as he set his eyes upon Naprem instead.

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
Here's a thing I just realised, Kira claimed at the beginning of the episode that you can only use the Orb of Time if the Prophets consider your quest worthy. Does that mean that the Prophets approved of Darvin's plan to kill Kirk?
Yes because Kirk screwed around too much with the timeline.

Caption contest: DS9
Ln X is offline   Reply With Quote