View Single Post
Old November 27 2012, 07:22 AM   #71
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: Much love to Kes

Lynx wrote: View Post
^^
No, it's not a contradiction. It's you who don't understand what I mean.

First of all, I used the word "foul play" to describe a similar situation I read about. Maybe the British have another meaning of the word than the Americans.

As for trusting non-official sources, well, if the official sources aren't exactly reliable, then you must search the information elsewhere. And as I wrote before, I do find at least one of those sources reliable. What I've found out, Jennifer Lien didn't leave of her own free will and she was very unhappy over being kicked out, not have her contract renewed, being told to leave, dropped from the cast or whatever.

Do you really want me to have trust in people who change their stories from one week to another and also insult me and many other fans by coming up with something as insulting as "Fury"? Honestly, not the kind of people I would invite to my birthday party.

When it comes to the word "mutual agreement", I always get suspicious when it's the one and only explanation for why someone is leaving a TV series, rock band or something similar.

In the Sasha Alexander case, it was clearly stated from all parts why the actress wanted to leave the show she was in. I don't remember that the word "mutual agreement" was even used in the official statements that were published about the event.

In the Lien case we were first told that she had left of her own free will, then it was changed to that tale about writers not capable of writing for the character and that was all a "mutual agreement". I can also recall two events when members of two very famous rock bands had left the bands due to "mutual agreements" and it was many years later revealed from all parts that the both members were fired, one because the other members in the band simply wanted another person to join the band and the other because he objected to the musical direction the manager and another leading member of the band wanted.

I must admit that every time I see the word "mutual agreement" show up when someone leaves a successful project under mysterious circumstances, then I get suspicious and in most cases I've been right in my suspicions.
Trust them?
Invite them to a birthday party?
So you believe you know these people personally and they did this just to spite you?
You've used some vague source as reliable just because you believe they are. That's how the National Inquirer and FOX News stays in business too. Non-offical sources are usually called gossip or hear say.
Sorry, but I don't think you have any reliable source or credibility simply due to the fact that you believe that Lien was let go and "Fury" was written specifically as a direct and personal insult to you. That