View Single Post
Old November 27 2012, 04:38 AM   #17
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Re: Do the Homeless Get Free Medical Treatment at American Hospitals?

milo bloom wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post
I live in Massachusetts an we have "socialized" health care system that you have to buy health care or you are fined. It was created by Mitt Romney and Obama based his health care plan on it.

It works as long as you never work. I didn't have a job when it first came around and never had to pay a co-pay, went to hospital for free, never did a thing. Six months after I got a job they screwed me over and dropped me. Which reminds me I need to call them and see what is going on.

Pretty much, the American health care system is the biggest joke in the world, and "Romney-Obamacare" doesn't really do a thing to fix it.

While I agree Obamacare is a poor substitute for universal/single-payer what-have-you, I still support it because it has managed to push the idea into the public discourse that access to healthcare just might be a human right. There's no way Obama could have passed single-payer, but now us far left loony liberals have something to sink our teeth into and drag the conversation back to the left a little bit.
Actually Obama could have based a single payer system. He had the votes in the house and the senate, but he didn't push for it hard enough, because, like most liberals, he's a whiney crybaby that just sits in the corner and bitches about Republicans instead of taking them on. I will never forgive him for the fact he just sat around and did nothing while the bill got watered down into nothing. Companies shouldn't have control over my health and profit from me being sick, or let me die because it's cheaper.

Tora Ziyal
I couldn't get health care through my job, because of Mass Health. At Lowes you could get insurance for part time workers until Masshealth passed, then it was dropped. Then I quit that job, and got a seasonal one that pays more. So now even through I'm not employed, I'll probably have to pay some stupid monthly fee based on a jobI no longer have.