View Single Post
Old November 27 2012, 12:02 AM   #860
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

I think your jumping the gun a bit there Jaro. Yes, we have seen quite a few shots of a particularly poor quality, but there are quite a few shots which also look just fine, albeit not spectacular. Plus, there are far far more shots we haven't seen from this release than have.

Add to the fact that Season 3 is being made by another entity entirely, the same folks who did Season 1 which you seem to love I don't think its fair to say the entire project is going to be sub par.

Yes, it means waiting/spending a lot of money but we can wait and see what Season 3 will look like. If it does/doesn't look any better then we can call judgement on any timing/money issues that may be at play. Then we can see what HTV/someone else does with Season 4 to see if they've learnt from their mistakes/had more time to work on it.

When we see multiple examples of work by the two companies, then I think we can call judgement on the overall remastering project. As it currently stands, we can only say that season 2 has a significant portion of visual effects shots that are of a sub standard quality in comparison with the first season. Casting a shadow over the whole project is, at this point, unfair.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote