View Single Post
Old November 27 2012, 12:00 AM   #859
Jefferies
Captain

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Jaro Stun wrote: View Post
I do not know wtf they thought when they made this shot! I'm sorry to say that but the Enterprise from DVD version looks BETTER.

Was this due to them not caring, not having time, saving sh..load of money pr WHAT? This is inexcusable...

As we get more and more screenshots, I really don't understand. For this shot, not even the story of them keeping true to original style (Legato/Curry) holds up. In light of this shot (and quite a lot of others) it looks like a story made up on last minute to calm down the crowd.

Given that they made some good VFX as well it looks to me like either:
- rushed job to meet deadlines
- significant cost savings

It is so disappointing. This project started so well. But as they say - if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I'm loosing faith in this project with every new VFX cap and it pains me to even think of that the worst season (S1) may be in the end the best looking of all 7.

The issue is, everybody will buy it anyway, so why not to save some bucks on VFX here and there...right CBS / HTV? Right?
I agree, it's starting to look like something dodgy is going on here. At first I was not that phased but with the building evidence the current rationalisations are looking less and less credible. Given your suggestion, how likely would it be in this kind of industry that a company would significantly cut the budget of a product that had worked out really well and was returning a good profit (this is what we have been led to believe about TNG Remastered so far)? Why pour 9 million dollars into Season 1, which seemed like a real gamble, only to slash the budget once you have confirmed that the investment is sound?
Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote