View Single Post
Old November 26 2012, 11:05 PM   #428
Christopher
Writer

Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

All of Disc 4 is unreleased material, unless you count the preview release of "It's Her" on the TrekCore site. And this answers my question about "Patterns of Force." The Nazi march was a new Duning composition after all.

I'm really looking forward to having "Metamorphosis" and "Return to Tomorrow" at last. Duning did great work, but only his third-season scores have ever had any kind of release. And Duning was an alumnus of the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music (now the University of Cincinnati's College Conservatory of Music), which my father also attended, though not at the same time.

Intriguing that we now have two unused cues that were replaced with "Vina's Dance" -- the Wilbur Hatch pre-recorded piece that was used on set, and now this Fried cue for Kara's belly dance. I wonder why they didn't use this one. Should be interesting to hear.

So Disc 5 should be "Tribbles" (our first taste of the underused Jerry Fielding), "I, Mudd" (my least favorite score), the Courage library cues, and whatever other unused or library bits are outstanding.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote