View Single Post
Old November 25 2012, 01:21 PM   #58
M
Vice Admiral

Re: Most unjustly hated episode

I feel like some mistook my earlier post as an argument for "Shades of Gray" as a good episode. That, however, is not what I was saying. I don't see any hidden qualities in it others are missing. It's just that I don't think it's nearly as bad as most of fandom makes it out to be.

Look, this thread is about "unjustly hated episodes". And I'm convinced "Shades of Gray" is just that. It's not particularly good as an episodes (personally I like it as a clip show, though), but it certainly doesn't deserve the hate and vitrol directed its way. Let's face it, it's just a cost-savings measure. An order from the studio execs. And within that it's really not all that bad. I like the framing story, the newly-created score and most of the thematically chosen clips. I don't love them, but I like them.

"Sub Rosa" is another one which I always liked. It has great atmosphere, wonderful sets and even makes me like Beverly, my least favorite TNG character.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote