View Single Post
Old November 25 2012, 08:27 AM   #7
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai
Re: MLP:FiM S3E4 - "One Bad Apple" - Grading & Discussion

"Emergency edible boots."

WHAT KINKS ARE YOU UP TO, RARITY

So. I didn't get a chance to watch this one live because I was out of town, but now that I got to (finally!) sit down with it...it was pretty good. Not sure if it rises to the level of an "A" but it was probably the most solid of the season so far, as the CMC are reliably excellent in whatever they're in. The first two acts were great all around, but things went off the rails a bit by the ending. Still, it didn't go as badly WTF as, say, Luna Eclipsed, so compared with season 2, season 3 is two-for-two in the regular episode department.

DarkHorizon wrote: View Post
Eh. Middle of the road stuff, with a fairly obvious twist. Some good bits, but the "very special episode" feeling I had based on the early synopsis didn't go away.
Yeah, it kinda became "Very Special" there at the end, didn't it? On the other hand, I thought it turned out much better than I feared when Meghan announced were were getting a special bullying episode. It could have gone so, so wrong. As it stands, it only simplified and patronized a little bit – and everything else was so good I don't really care.

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
I loved it, but then I love the CMC, Applebloom in particular.
QFT, though best CMC is Sweetie Belle. Obviously.

Although Gold Blindbag Sweetie Belle was weird.
Oh my God, that's what that is, isn't it? They're squeezing all the absurd blindbag variations into the show.

*heart attack*

*dies*

Count Zero wrote: View Post
Yeah, the Doctor likes to change companions frequently.
Apparently the Doctor was wearing a bow tie and pear costume in the parade, seemingly a reference to Eleven who thinks pears are "rubbish." We love you too, Studio B.