(✩✩✩½) - DVD
- A 27 year old woman deals with depression, the recent death of her mentally ill math genius father, a guy and a revolutionary unpublished proof. Stars Gwenyth Paltrow, Anthony Hopkins and Jake Gyllenhaal. It's a complex movie with flashbacks, appearances by a dead father and a lot of complex emotions and actions from our depressed lead. It's good though. I loved Paltrow's character.
320. Dream House
(✩✩✩) - DVD
- A couple that just moved out of the city with their kids, discovers that a family was murdered in the house they bought and it's causing them some problems. Stars Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz. It started off as a boring wannabe thriller, but about 45 minutes or so in, it suddenly got interesting.
321. Sound of My Voice
(✩✩✩✩) - On Demand
- Two journalists infiltrate a small cult led by a young woman who claims to be from the future. Stars Brit Marling, who wrote and starred in Another Earth
. I really enjoyed this film and highly recommend it. It'll keep you fixated from beginning to end. It's also a film that requires you to pay attention to details and think. Then when you're done, you'll have to eaither watch it again or think about what you just saw.
(✩✩½) - Live TV
- Two teenage girls find a mermaid in a pool. Stars Emma Roberts and Sara Paxton. It's a teenie movie for young girls. wIt's got lame humor, but it was enjoyable enough as something to have on. I got a kick out of the Aquaman-like abilities that the mermaid commanded.
323. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
(✩✩) - Live TV
- Good looking movie, but it didn't hold my attention and I didn't enjoy it. Gemma Arterton sure was pretty though.
324. Fierce People
(✩✩✩) - Live TV
- A slice of life movie where a boy and his mother go out to a guest house in a country estate owned by a rich man she befriended. You'll recognize it as Smallville
's Luthor mansion. It had an impressive cast that included Anton Yelchin, Diane Lane, Donald Sutherland, Chris Evans and Kristen Stewart. It was somewhat watchable. I wonder how Yelchin got such a lead role.
Live TV: 124
Recorded TV: 5
On Demand: 45