View Single Post
Old November 24 2012, 10:02 PM   #201
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: What are your top 5 technologies of the next 15 years?

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
Double posting to side step every/hadnwave every argument in favour of it "it'll happen, you'll seeeeeeeeeeee".

You'll die and old man like the rest of us with technology better but not anywhere near what you're talking about. And for some reason you either can't or won't accept that.
If you read carefully Im the one supplying arguments and evidence of its liklihood(mind you, you DO realize I know we don't have these technologies yet right?), its usually people like you who argue from linear based belief rather than sound extrapolation...as evidenced in these threads.

This linear "better technology" idea is already demonstrably untrue if you base it on the proven exponential model. You''re already wrong there, so where else will you be hmm? And yes, I already said I would likely not make it to a Singularity. I may have an outside chance at some transhuman benefits, but my ideas don't hinge on actually experiencing them. This is a case where Kurzweil and I diverge. I am extremely healthy though.

RAMA