View Single Post
Old November 24 2012, 09:55 PM   #252
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

Candlelight wrote: View Post
Warp Coil wrote: View Post
I'm really curious to know what the benchmark is in determining if B&C is successful. How many views must each installment earn in order to deem this experiment a success? Or does Universal just not care at this point, and they are waiting for DVD sales to recoup the cost?
SyFy are releasing it as a web series first so the viewing figures for the broadcast in February next year and DVD sales are less than desired, so they don't have to make any further episodes.
But wasn't B&C originally conceived as a web series? Wasn't it specifically designed and written to be released this way? My understanding is that SyFy gave this project the greenlight as being webisodes, then decided after the fact that they would broadcast it on TV as a backdoor pilot. Ultimately, the network decided to stick to the original plan and release it as a web series. The TV broadcast and DVD release are secondary.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore