View Single Post
Old November 24 2012, 07:21 PM   #7445
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: What Are You Eating/Drinking Right Now?

I made chili last night. Kinda. And I'm enjoying the fruits of that labor for a few more meals.

I put a tri-tip roast I got from the clearance bin in the crock pot for 5 or 6 hours and with the help of some broth, olive oil, wine and hot sauce it fell apart into delicious meaty mush.

Meanwhile I made what I discovered was pretty much salsa by sauteing up a few diced tomatoes, a red and white onion, a red and green pepper, half a bulb of garlic, two mighty-sized jalapenos and a well-toasted can of corn. Plus all the spices and such.

Tossed that mixture in the crock pot for the last hour and out came a delicious chili-like substance. Bit of sour cream and a sprinkle of queso fresco and I must say I was damn impressed with myself.

There isn't much in the way of broth so I'm thinking I might be able to make some sort of sandwich from the meaty mass for lunch or dinner tonight.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote