View Single Post
Old November 24 2012, 10:56 AM   #778
NewHorizon
Captain

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Dac wrote: View Post
Why big up a big fix so to speak if they're gonna go back to the old angle again?
CBS-D had to make a digital fix originally because the footage could not be found. It has since been found and the mandate is to use original footage where possible.

Honestly, I almost feel like the majority of the thumbnails we've gotten were just randomly low quality for some reason. I have a sneaking suspicion that the actual Blu-rays are going to surprise us, especially if Okuda is still pimping them. I feel like he has more integrity than some of us have given him; I doubt he wouldn't be honest if the remastering work on season two was actually terrible.
Mr. Okuda, with all due respect to him, is simply doing his job. He's not going to say bad things about the project, he wants it to succeed. It's also highly unlikely that he would say anything bad about the work HTV Illuminate has done, considering he has friends from his days on TNG working there.

The best we can do is be completely honest and tell them we would like to see them do better with Seasons 4 and 6. Ideally, I would like to see them NOT blur the restored footage like they have been and match the colors established by CBS for the ship in Season 1. I find it annoying that they've been given the opportunity to restore the show, only to blur the footage in HD. It's probably already too late for those Seasons though, they're likely well into them already. If that turns out to be the case, I won't buy them.

Last edited by NewHorizon; November 24 2012 at 11:30 AM.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote