View Single Post
Old November 23 2012, 10:41 AM   #54
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

View George Bailey's Twitter Profile
Re: Pixar Merger with Disney Has Hurt Quality

J. Allen wrote: View Post
I loved Toy Story 3. Waterworks broke out, and everything. Strongly disliked Cars 2 (much to my huge surprise), even though I loved the first one. The movie just felt wrong. It's hard for me to explain. Brave, which I finally saw the other day, was good. It had a nice feel to it, but yeah, I wouldn't say I was head over heels with it like I was many of Pixar's other ventures.

To be fair, no matter who you are, you can't always push perfect quality. For me, Cars 2 was a big sign, for me, that something was wrong. I mean, I used to believe Pixar on a bad day was better than anyone else on a great day, but after that movie, I don't believe that anymore. Still, Pixar has a lot of greatness in them, and I hope to see more of it in the future. As of now, though, the latest Pixar contributions are Cars 2, and Brave. Both less than their stellar standard. In theaters right now is "Wreck-It Ralph", which is playing to great reviews, and is made by Disney's in house animation team. The playing field has opened up enormously, so I do have some worry for Pixar. It's not the idea that they'll fail, it's the perception of them already failing, and perception is reality in the movie industry.
I don't know how anyone can out Cars 2 and Brave in the same sentence when talking about quality. Brave was a wonderful film, I would easily put it up there with my favourites, whereas Cars 1 and 2 would both be at the bottom. I can see other's wouldn't agree with placement but I don't understand putting them together anywhere on the list.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
George Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote