View Single Post
Old November 22 2012, 10:25 PM   #122
Caligula
Vice Admiral

Re: College Football 2012

tighr wrote: View Post
Caligula wrote: View Post
Alabama and Notre Dame combine for 17 titles, and that's not counting the ones that weren't recognized by the AP or Coaches' polls!
U mad, bro?

In all seriousness, a BCS game featuring Alabama and Notre Dame would likely have the highest television ratings in the history of the contest. Not just because of the millions of Alabama and Notre Dame fans, but the millions upon millions of people who hate the success both programs have had over the past 100 years.

People who don't follow college football at all probably didn't even know Oregon and Kansas had colleges with football teams!
I'm certainly not mad about Alabama's involvement. I like having the SEC on top of the college football world (unless it's Florida). Obviously, I'd prefer it were the boys in Orange & White, but that ship has sailed and it's not 1998 anymore. As for Notre Dame, yeah, I've got a big problem with them being in the national title picture. Not a fan of the boys from South Bend.

While I completely understand that having these two recognizable programs going at it would "put butts in the seats," I also love variety, seeing underdog teams who've never had a chance in the spotlight rise up to have their day. The "Rocky" scenario. It's a rare thing, but it does happen, even in the NFL.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote