Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old November 22 2012, 02:29 PM   #1772
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

^Also notice how nobody was actually talking about the ending until he brought it up again? Nice.

bullethead wrote: View Post
JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
I'm sick of hearing that the ending ruins the game.

It's a weak ending but it doesn't ruin the most addictive three games of the PS3/360/Wii gen.
Well, ME3 doesn't have the kind of replay value of the previous two games due to its sidequest implementation, so the weak ending eliminates a lot of the incentive to replay the game.
For me the only thing that really hampers the replayability is the overtly linear structure. On the one hand, sure, it's a war story so certain things have to happen in order. I just wish you didn't have to wait until two thirds of the way through the game to get Tali and Ash/Kaiden. I'm honestly not bothered about the side missions. I mean the ones in ME1 were very generic and forgettable while the ones in ME2 were mostly just novelties. Which, yes is still better than the fetch quests, but I just don't miss them as much.

As it stands there's plenty of gameplay to be had just from the main missions and the optional assignments (Grissom Academy, Asari monastery etc.)
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote