View Single Post
Old November 22 2012, 10:15 AM   #16
t_smitts
Commander

Re: What do you want to see in DS9 Remastered?

Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post
in my opinion there was too much about the Dominion war. I'd like that edited to a shorter story arc and a few open ends led to a decent conclusion.
Too much Dominion War? Pshaw! No such thing!

For example, a few episodes about Kai Opaka in exile would have been interesting, particularly with Kai Winn as a counterpart. Or if/how the shapeshifters managed to survive their disease (and why didn't Odo get infected?). What happened to the prophets? They surely didn't appreciate a war right in front of their door. Did Lwaxana and Odo stay in contact?
Hmm.. just had an idea: imagine an epi with Lwaxana and Mooghie as a team! They could easily take on the whole quadrant and make a good profit (and a lot of fun)

There are a zillion other questions that never got answered.
You do realize they wouldn't be creating NEW episodes, right?

ah, must have missed that one. Thanks, Sindatur
But that leads us to another gap I'd like to be filled:

how did Section 31 discover/develop the desease in the first place? It would require at least one changeling for researching their physiology and they could easily have used that "guinea-pig" to infect the Great Link instead of infecting Odo at the off-chance that he might one day go back to his people and infect them.
And when Odo was cured, why didn't he cure the orther Founders immediately? They'd have owed him then and the whole Dominion War could have been ended then and there.
Could Section 31 have captured a Changeling to use for "guinea pig" purposes? It's possible. We know there were a few on Earth, and possibly other Federation worlds.

As for what I'd like? Pump up the ship battle shots even more! Put MORE ships in those shots. Show different classes! (We never did see an Ambassador, since they never bothered to make a CG version).

Replace some of the stock footage they used in "What You Leave Behind", and in doing so, fix that registry number discrepancy on the new Defiant.

In fact, if they had time, they could go back and change any shots from, say, the fourth season on and change the NX to an NCC. (Too picky?)
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote