View Single Post
Old November 21 2012, 11:24 PM   #391
Christopher
Writer

Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

You know, it's just occurred to me that in a way, I'm glad it took so long for this set to come out. I went to so much trouble in my teens and 20s keeping track of all the TOS music, getting to know the cues and when they were first heard and what composers were credited, so that I could compile a list of which episodes had original music and which composers did which. And I came fairly close, about as close as I could've without behind-the-scenes info. But if a set like this had come out back then, it would've rendered all my hard work moot, and that would've been rather frustrating. As it is, though, it's been long enough since I completed that work that I don't feel it was for nothing. I got the satisfaction of figuring out the basics for myself, and now I'm finally getting to learn so much I couldn't learn before.

Although I wouldn't have minded if it had come out a decade ago, say -- maybe split the difference.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote