View Single Post
Old November 21 2012, 08:56 PM   #31
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

Re: The Agnostic Prayer

teya wrote: View Post
thestrangequark wrote: View Post
EmoBorg wrote: View Post
I am not a religious agnostic. Agnostics reject religion but not a higher power. Atheist are those who don't believe in a higher power. To call me a religious agnostic sounds ridiculous to me. I consider all religion to be man made, an attempt to understand and explain the universal force.
Some agnostics reject religion but not a higher power. Most agnostics I know are actually pretty apathetic towards spirituality.
I don't have a materialist view of the universe like Atheists. I do believe in Spirituality. Calling me a spiritual agnostic is more suitable.
However you want to label yourself is cool, but remember, not all agnostics share your views. Be wary of labeling other people
I believe you labeled him first. He's just correcting the label you gave him, not labeling others.

As for myself, I'm a Witch who believes that all gods are simply metaphors for something that will eventually be explained by science.

This will not stop me from prayer, ritual & magic however. I sincerely believe that some folks can be satisfied with perfectly logical explanations. Others of us *need* metaphor & creativity. It's simply the way we're built.
By giving that definition of agnostics, he is labeling others (he gave that definition in the OP as well). As for labeling him, I did ask to be corrected if I was wrong, though upon rereading my post I see that I could have been clearer; as it's written it looks like I was only asking J, when I meant that to mean both of them.

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.

Last edited by thestrangequark; November 21 2012 at 09:07 PM.
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote