View Single Post
Old November 21 2012, 08:54 PM   #199
Christopher
Writer

Re: Coming July 2013: STAR TREK ENTERPRISE RISE OF THE FEDERATION

Mage wrote: View Post
Wouldn't it stand to reason that, with the UFP only a year old, most members would still be using their own fleets? I mean, even 150 years from now, I find it hard to believe there could be an infrastructure so big, that it could build an entire fleet of newly designed ships in just a year. Personally, I always asumed that it took a few years, maybe even a decade or two, to phase out all of Earth, Vulcan, Andorian and Tellarite ships before Starfleet was made up of ships designed and build solely by Starfleet.
Yes, and there's some exploration of the beginnings of that transition in the book. If I get to do more books, we might see more of the process.

shanejayell wrote: View Post
Tho apparently IFM isn't 'in continuity' according to editorial. So that may not be relevant.
As I've already said more than once, since that book's Intrepid was lost a year before my novel takes place and is never actually mentioned in the book, it wouldn't have been relevant either way.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote