View Single Post
Old November 21 2012, 03:39 PM   #18
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice
Re: Sayings that you hate now

"Double down" and variations. This bit of gambling jargon slipped into the American political lexicon this year and seemed to be used in almost every single news article about our elections. So-and-so "doubled down" on such-and-such. Please, make it stop. Fortunately, the election is over so I'm not seeing that phrase anymore. Perhaps it has gone the way of the term "political football."

"That's unnatural." Usually used to denigrate people that the speaker doesn't like, such as gay folks. So is wearing synthetic fibers, eating processed food, and taking pharmaceutical medications. But you don't hear people shouting from the rooftops about all that, do you? Something being "unnatural" only seems to matter when pushing a moralistic agenda on others.

My mother's favorite: "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out." The emptiest of empty threats!
Solstice is online now   Reply With Quote