View Single Post
Old November 21 2012, 12:32 AM   #1206
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen in 2012

I've been watching mostly TV series lately, so I forgot to log my movies!!

Open House ✭✭Tricia Helfer gives a good performance, but other than this film is pretty bad. Anna Paquin directed it though and does have a quick cameo along with husband Stephen Moyer.

The Five-Year Engagement ✭✭✭˝I'm a huge Jason Segel fan, so I enjoyed this movie. I liked the cast, but couldn't stop imagining Rhys Ifans as the Lizard. It was a little bit too long and got a little bit weird in places, but it's a good movie.

Office Space ✭✭˝This is the first time I've ever seen this movie, believe it or not. I just thought it was 'ok'. There are some memorable lines, but I don't see why some of my friends watch this movie once a week.

The Mummy ✭✭✭✭The Boris Karloff version.... it's really good. It's not as good as Frankenstein or Phantom of the Opera, but I think it's better than Dracula.

The Beaver ✭✭✭This movie is weird. There's something lacking from it and I didn't quite make an emotional connection with Mel Gibson's character. I would have watched it sooner if Jennifer Lawrence was in it, though!

Paranormal Activity 4 ✭✭Paranormal Activity has outstayed its welcome. The original is one of my favorite horror films, but the diminishing returns are very evident. I'm really not even sure what the plot was. Absolutely NO chills or thrills in this movie.

Looper ✭✭✭˝This is a unique take on time travel that I really enjoyed. The telekinetic angle seemed kind of forced, though.

Safety Not Guaranteed ✭✭✭✭This movie is phenomenal! It's a little predictable, but all the characters are just so charming that you'll walk away from the movie with a smile on your face and a 'that was awesome.'

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World ✭✭✭˝Keira Knightley and Steve Carrell make for an unlikely duo, but it really works.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote