View Single Post
Old November 20 2012, 07:03 PM   #6
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

Re: Fringe on the Science channel

I am not sure what prompted The Science Channel to acquire the rerun rights to sci-fi series. They don't have a ton of new, original programming (I think they largely get by with airing "How Its Made" marathons, old science-related shows from Discovery's library, and then a sprinkling of new content like "Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman"). Perhaps the acquisition cost was relatively low, and they figured they'd take a gamble and see how the ratings would do? "Firefly" was obviously a success for them, hence their recently-aired 10th anniversary special and their sponsorship/presence at Comic-Con to promote the series. So I guess they are going to push forward with more sci-fi. "Fringe" starts this week, and there are more shows coming up (though I am not sure if they have been announced).
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote