View Single Post
Old November 20 2012, 06:52 PM   #190
Christopher
Writer

Re: Coming July 2013: STAR TREK ENTERPRISE RISE OF THE FEDERATION

Relayer1 wrote: View Post
I can't recall how many of the original NX's survived. I know 01 and 02 are accounted for and two or three of the others were destroyed.

How many were built during the war, and did production continue in peacetime ? There must be a few left to refit...
The Romulan War novels established that NX-class (and Intrepid-class) production halted in favor of the easier-to-build Daedalus class, and systematically trashed most of the NX fleet. We know Columbia was lost in Destiny, and Beneath the Raptor's Wing blew up Challenger, Discovery, and Atlantis. Enterprise was crippled and decommissioned. Indistinguishable from Magic introduced an NX-07 Intrepid (implying the canonical Intrepid, namesake of its class, was destroyed during the war), but it was lost shortly after the UFP's founding. That leaves only Endeavour, which was severely damaged in BTRW but not destroyed.

Now that the war's over, of course, there's no reason to continue that Daedalus-only policy.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote