View Single Post
Old November 20 2012, 03:06 PM   #358
Christopher
Writer

Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

"Impension." What a weird name. It isn't even in the dictionary. I assume it's intended to mean the state of something that's impending, like doom, by analogy with "suspension." I guess it could be a word, it just isn't one that's in common use.

I'd been wondering if there was any chance the set might include the substitute cues that J. Peter Robinson wrote for the "City on the Edge" VHS release when they couldn't get clearance for "Goodnight, Sweetheart." But I found this thread on the FSM board where Lukas Kendall emphatically says those won't be included. I think that's a bit of a shame, actually, since technically they are cues written for TOS, and just as a matter of archival completeness and historical curiosity it might be worth having them for comparison. At least they can be heard here on the Star Trek History site, although with episode dialogue and sounds overlaid. (Although the History site needs to be updated, because it says the composer of the substitute cues is unknown.)

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote