View Single Post
Old November 20 2012, 10:57 AM   #34
Andrew_Kearley's Avatar
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Re: How fans are called?

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Andrew_Kearley wrote: View Post
Robert D. Robot wrote: View Post
Whovians is a term used for Doctor Who Fans.
Only by people who want a punch in the face.
teacake wrote: View Post
They call themselves that all the time.
I've also heard 'Whovian' used many times. Seems a bit awkward though.
Hey, I used the funny face!

Serious point though, it's not a term that British fans tend to use to describe themselves. I think it comes from American fandom, and it winds British fans up no end, hence my joke. We rubbed along for years just being called "Doctor Who fans".
Blog: Anderthon Follow my journey through the worlds of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson

Doctor Who - The Complete Adventures
Andrew_Kearley is offline   Reply With Quote