View Single Post
Old November 20 2012, 01:47 AM   #704
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I was trying not to believe it and thought a lot of the talk lately was people overreacting, but there are some photos in there where it looks like the DVD version is better than the Blu-Ray version, such as the first two sets of photos. That is concerning.
Better in what sense? Certainly not resolution. Are you looking at the thumbnails only, or did you look at the full resolution images and compare them? The DVD versions have composite dot crawl, chroma noise and rainbow effects, black horizontal blanking interval bars on the left or right, etc. They're a mess!

The criticism of HTV is getting a bit ridiculous if people are starting to proclaim the DVD versions as better or superior. I mean, let's keep some perspective here.
I was looking at the thumbnails, but when I looked at the bigger image, it looked somewhat better. I still think there was more color on the DVD version but I don't represent many people comparing the DVDs to the Blu-Rays. It was just my first thought looking at them. I also believe I said that the images would be a lot better once we get the sets.

Also, I think I've been more than grateful for what CBS Digital is doing here so forgive me if I had a slight criticism.