View Single Post
Old November 19 2012, 10:25 PM   #33
Worf2DS9
Writer

Re: ‘Conan The Barbarian' and Arnold Reunited: Universal Reboots Franc

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Temis the Friendly Ghost wrote: View Post
Ugh. I'd rather they get Momoa back and take another shot at doing a movie that's true to the source material at long last, but this time with a bigger budget so the effects aren't cringeworthy and distracting, not to mention a halfway decent script.

But realistically, they're doing this for Ahnuld's name recognition. I'm sure there will be plenty of curiosity to see gramps running around in a loincloth.
Demand for a King Conan film starring Arnold has been there ever since. That final image in Conan - The Barbarian screamed for that sequel. And now, Arnold has hit the right age to do it. It's perfect.

Hopefully John Milius will be involved. He just has to be.
I remember in the audio commentary for Conan the Barbarian, both Arnold & Milius talked about wanting to go back to the franchise and do a proper sequel to that first film, using that final image of King Conan as the starting point. They both sounded quite positive about the possibility at that time, and I had hoped that some sort of announcement would happen within 5 years or so. But then Arnie became the Governator, and now here we are 12 years later and we're finally getting something going. As you say, hopefully Milius will be involved somehow.
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is online now   Reply With Quote