Thread: In Memory Of...
View Single Post
Old November 19 2012, 09:00 PM   #22
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Re: In Memory Of...

Loving the pictures and the stories.

I'm just going to mention one person right now. He was more of a grandparent to me than my biological grandparents. Basically what happened is right before my sister was born, my parents put an ad in the paper for a babysitter/nanny. They already had one son, another kid on the way, and they were busy doctors. Well the most amazing woman came into our life (we call her Grammy) and with her, her husband.

He had an awesome personality. Always joking around. We'd play card games and he'd cheat just so we could catch him cheating and make a big deal out of it. At their house there was a linen bag in the pantry and he always kept it stocked with three of something ... candy, small toys, whatever. Whenever we went to their house my sister would run and check that. He built an amazing playhouse in the basement of our first house, and a little playground in the backyard of our second house. He would tell us scary stories, he showed me how to fold a burrito, just silly little things that will stay with me forever.

He unfortunately passed away when I was fifteen and it was a really rough year for me. I still think about him all the time and miss him a lot.