View Single Post
Old November 19 2012, 05:00 PM   #116
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Re: College Football 2012

Neroon wrote: View Post
Digits, I don't think I have ever seen a USC team with a defense having as much trouble as this year's. What gives? Injuries?
Well, I was at the Star Trek Convention in San Francisco this weekend, so I didn't get to watch the game.

Basically, the defense is thin due to continuing scholarship reductions. They are also terribly undisciplined. They have extended a lot of opponent's drives with stupid penalties. They just don't have the talent or the schemes of the good old days. I would not be a bit surprised if USC doesn't tell Lane that Monte and Ed Orgeron have to go.

And yes, Barkley is out for the Notre Dame game. A sad way to end the regular season. USC will most likely finish 7-5, go to some crap bowl, and probably lose that too.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote