View Single Post
Old November 19 2012, 10:34 AM   #256
Starkers
Admiral

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
One silly thing that bothered me is that Bond didn't take at least one more shot at Silva when he did his bit with the subway.

There were some parts of this that were definitely silly and credibility straining but then again this is Bond after all so I don't hold that too much against it.

Was some truly beautiful shots in this, this will be one to watch again just for the sights.

It will be interesting to see where they go with the next movie having set up so many of the more traditional Bond trappings. Perhaps we'll get a less introspective adventure next time out.

Joel_Kirk wrote: View Post
I understand that Idris Elba has been in talks with Barbara Broccoli to take over someday; I wouldn't mind seeing that. (I'm watching the BBC series, "Luther," and Elba definitely has the acting/action chops).
As I've said before I think Idris Elba's name is bandied about in consideration for all roles. I don't know how he'll find time to be Bond until he's done being Doctor Who.
No, no, no...no more Idris Elba should be Bond or the Doctor.

Well he could probably pull of being Bond, but not the Doctor, he just isn't quirky enough. and to be honest he couldn't be Bond unless for some reason Craig ducked out right now, he's already in his early forties, if DC does another 2 films he's going to be close to 47/48 and there's no point.

I've been a huge fan of Elba's since Ultraviolet, and I have no major problem with a black Bond/Who, hell I'd wanted Patterson Jospeh to be the Doctor for years and I still think Colin Salmon would have made a good 007, but I just don't quite see Elba as a fit for either role.

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote