View Single Post
Old November 19 2012, 09:38 AM   #6013
CommanderRaytas
Rear Admiral

Re: What Song Are You Listening to Right Now

JayOwl wrote: View Post
^I love pretty much every single one of those songs... especially Bedshaped, A Bad Dream, She Has No Time... did they play "We Might As Well Be Strangers"???
This is how much Keane I've listened to: http://www.last.fm/user/Jayko8472/library/music/Keane

Pretty obsessed. The problem is, they're touring the UK about now, and I've already got plans and things, it's a bit too late... next year maybe. I could go with my cousin, he's a loon too.
They did indeed play We Might As Well Be Strangers. It was sooooo great! We also got Spiralling, The Lovers Are Losing, Is It Any Wonder, Sea Fog (swoon!!!!).

She Has No Time was especially awesome, because they stopped playing that one live a million years ago, and when Tom announced it, my head almost exploded. I remember him grinning down at me and my sister, and Jesse kept casting looks in our direction, because we were inside this cluster of mad fangirls worshipping Tom. Heh. Pity they only play Snowed Under in the UK, because I'm a big fan of their b-sides, as well.

I remember how Tom announced Hamburg Song, saying "I wish I could tell you that it reminds me of great times, but actually it was a pretty horrible time in my life", and he got a really dirty look from Tim. They don't really help the rumours, neither of them. Especially not Tom. He does it on purpose, of course, as a joke and nod to the internet...but on a more serious note, I think that his drug addiction days still embarrass him to no end, so he deserves a pat on the back for singing a song written about him by his best mate about how fucked up their relationship had got.

It's totally worth it. When they played "This is the last time" and it got to the "some things never die, well I tried" bit, and Tom pointed at himself, everyone went awwwww....like I said, perfection. If you can go, go. Seriously.

Also, I am in love with your playlist. Great to meet a fellow fan here....

/rabidtomchaplinfangurlcoughcough

I even used to date a guy who was sort of his clone...and from Sussex! I am so damaged in the head...

Listening to Disconnected again!

Last edited by CommanderRaytas; November 19 2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Typo
CommanderRaytas is offline   Reply With Quote