View Single Post
Old November 19 2012, 09:27 AM   #1378
ronny
Fleet Captain

View ronny's Twitter Profile
Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

I'm taking a break from World of Warcraft so I can make a dent in my unread book shelf.

Kraken and Embessytown by China Mieville - both good in their own ways like everything I've read so far from Mievelle.

There is No Darkness and Tool of the Trade by Joe Haldeman - Tool was pretty good but Darkness was the weakest Haldeman novel I've read and I've now read them all except for the last one which isn't out in paperback yet.

The Rare Coin Score, The Green Eagle Score and Slayground by Richard Stark - Parker novels are always good action crime novels from the perspective of the criminal. I've liked everyone I've read.

Ganymede by Cherie Priest - Third in a pretty fun Steampunk Zombie series. I think I liked the 2nd in the series a little better but not by lot. I both 2 and 3 a lot more than the first one.

The Bottoms by Joe R. Lansdale - Besides this I've only read several Hap and Leonard novels by Lansdales. Those have been fun by this one blew all of them away. I liked it a LOT. I loaded it to a couple friends while we were in Cabo and they thought it was great too.

The Family Trade, The Hidden Family and The Clan Corporate by Charles Stross - The first 3 novels in The Merchant Prince series. I'm a big Stross fan and this series is pretty good but not my favorite by him. For that I like the Landry novels or Halting State.

My Star Trek reading progress.
ronny is offline   Reply With Quote