View Single Post
Old November 19 2012, 01:37 AM   #273
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

The battle scenes were really cool right up until Grievous sent his boarding parties, and then it became a mess of silly contrivances. Why did they leave the hangar bay wide open in the middle of a battle and when they had advanced warning that boarding parties were approaching? Why did Obi-Wan give up the ship so easily? He seemed to give it one good attack and then folded. Why did Obi-Wan give Grievous a warning that the ship was about to self-destruct? How many people have died as a result of Obi-Wan's misplaced sense of honor and fair play? That was just bad writing, as they already had Grievous in the control room and he could have just seen a ship's status update saying they were on a build-up to self-destruct without Obi-Wan giving a war criminal a heads-up to escape the ship.

I like the Youngling's story and the characters, but it's been stretched out much longer than it should have been. Plus, I find it rather dubious that a ship of Younglings would have only a Padawan as the most senior Jedi aboard, especially with the frequency of pirate and Separatist attacks on Republic shipping. Hondo is a good and occasionally humorous villain/neutral party/sometimes ally (who should really stop being forgiven by Obi-Wan and Anakin) in small doses, but he's been overused this season. I agree with others that the Wookiee's lightsaber was a cool design, and I liked the bit with the Younglings pretending to be acrobats to distract Hondo from their plan.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote