View Single Post
Old November 18 2012, 09:44 PM   #119
Miss Lemon
Fleet Captain

Re: Firefly first-time/rewatch (NO SPOILERS, please)

So I just finished watching the pilot. I'm a bit behind schedule. Also, the Internet ate my review.

lurok wrote: View Post
But these two make me very happy.
I'm afraid we disagree, lurok. I don't think neither of these actors are convincing. I do hope you're right about them having an interesting backstory and developing beyond the stereotypes they represent until now.

I know people are going to hate me for this, but I don't think the actor that plays the captain is very convincing either. For example, there were no sparks at all between him Inara when he told her to get of the ship. He looked like he was constipated or something.
Apart from that I don't think Mal is a very likeable character. Treating a woman like a whore - such a nice way to romance a lady.

On the bright side, I kinda like the Western theme, which kept me from watching this series before. It's... original.

And I do think Zoe is a very likeable and believeable character. Did I already mention I think the doctor is cute?

All in all, I quite enjoyed this ep. I agree with lurok though, it could have been funnier.

Hercule Poirot
: I am an imbecile. I see only half of the picture.
Miss Lemon: I don't even see that.
Miss Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote