View Single Post
Old November 18 2012, 04:33 PM   #50
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral
Re: Best Place To Which You've Ever Traveled

I think that different places can be great, depending on what you are looking for. I love Norwich, Norfolk in England. It's my grandmother's home town. I like sitting in my great aunt and uncle's home, or in their backyard, enjoying their English garden. I enjoy staying in this small B&B run by a really nice couple, and they have cats and a coy pond. It's not a big, fancy hotel but I think it suits the locale. I like walking around downtown, checking out the 900-year-old cathedral, the castle and the shops. The people here are incredibly nice. I'd say it's a little more authentic "English" than staying in London (though I enjoy London, too).

One of my favorite vacations was to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos. I took this trip by myself with the sole intention of escaping from reality for a few days. It was exactly what I wanted. Staying at a 5-star resort didn't hurt, either. I've never seen beaches so nice, or water that bright and clear. I would just walk along the beach for an hour here, an hour there. I also went scuba diving for the first time and got to see beautiful sea life.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote