View Single Post
Old November 17 2012, 08:13 PM   #757
slackbladder
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Minuet wrote: View Post
Hey forum!

I'm a ditzy geek in her mid-twenties. I grew up watching Star Trek: The Next Generation and all of the then available films. I remember hopping into the show around the fifth season, and I completely ate it up. Wesley was, ironically, one of the reasons I loved the show, and only because I wanted to be like him (not for attractiveness purposes--I mean, not that he isn't attractive, but I'm not really attracted to men).

Oddly enough, the one film that I latched onto more than any of them was The Motion Picture. I had a recording of the extended television version on VHS and would watch it constantly, to the extent that I memorized the commercial breaks as well as the dialogue from the film (yeah, I boldly went there). The scope and epicness of the first film blew me away, enough to override any lethargy in the pacing. It always disappointed me when the TNG films kind of went Hollywood with the explosions and villains, and then the new 2009 film seemed to be all about flash and bang with a perhaps overly complicated weirdo sci-fi plot. But I still enjoyed it. I enjoy all of them. I'm a goddamned trekkie.

Anyway, there's my ramble.

*gets off soapbox*
me too.
slackbladder is offline   Reply With Quote