View Single Post
Old November 17 2012, 07:02 PM   #689
NewHorizon
Captain

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
I've already said it, but all this is just so terribly disappointing. It's not the end of the world as others have stated, but nevertheless... [sigh]
No, certainly not the end of the world...there are far more important things going on in my life than a botched blu-ray release. It's a major disappointment for me personally though. I don't have a huge disposable income, so when something special like this comes along...something we've essentially been waiting 20 years to see happen...I take the time to squirrel away some money.

When TOS:R was announced, I put money away for that but as soon as I saw how inconsistent the quality of the CGI was from episode to episode, I quickly diverted that money back to life and never bothered buying TOS:R. The way I see it is, I'm working hard for a paltry 10 dollars and hour. If CBS or whoever expects me to part with that money, essentially 8 to 10 hours of work for me...then the product HAS to be of consistent quality to earn the money I have worked so hard to earn. I guess I'm not their target audience, the type who will buy anything with Trek on it, and that saddens me. I always hold the faintest hope that there are companies who still exist that have greater respect for the consumers.

Oh well. If we get no reassurance that Seasons 4 and 6 will be up to the standards of Season 1, then I guess I'll wait another 20 years for the next upgrade.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote