View Single Post
Old November 16 2012, 05:00 PM   #272
Scout101
Admiral

Re: STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FA

Not interested in most of the vanity projects. 200k DIL for each thing, just way out of whack. More power to you if you've got a fat bankroll and want to splurge, but I just don't see the value here.

That, and every damned Starbase is exactly the same. We can't customize it, can't tweak these vanity projects at all, so you pay out the nose, and then just look like everyone else anyway.

And there's nothing to DO on the starbase, so I've only even visited once or twice. To check it out, or to buy a Fleet version of a gun.

Like most of Cryptic's products lately, they created a great resource sink for us, and grindy games to get those resources, but they fell down on coming up with reasons to WANT to do that, and benefits for doing so. Biggest carrot they offer us is that after spending a billion resource points, it allows to to overspend for a Fleet/Omega/Romulan vanity version of items you had the whole time, with marginal stat changes for the min/max croud to justify doing them.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote