So I've watched the first part of the pilot last night, I didn't have time to watch the whole thing, unfortunately. That's why I haven't read lurok
's review yet.
Some first thoughts:
- What's with these people's language?! I felt quite disoriented during the first 15 minutes because of it. And why are the Chinese(?) bits not sub-titled?
- I feel the actor who plays the captain looks a bit too young and too shiny to be a convincing grumpy, disillusioned captain and to call the Doctor "boy".
- I had quite some laughs, but some of the humorous bits rubbed me the wrong way. "Kaylee is dead". Har har.
- I do hope the characters will develop beyond the stereotypes they appear to represent in the first 1.5 hours, e.g. the whore, the priest, the nerd, the comedic sociopath…
- I love the feel of the ship, people having to climb ladders and stuff.
- On a superficial note: I think the Doctor is cute.
I don’t sound too enthusiastic, do I?