View Single Post
Old November 15 2012, 09:10 PM   #69
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Re: Firefly first-time/rewatch (NO SPOILERS, please)

Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
I think really what just needs to happen, if anybody wants to do it, is just clean up the settings so that:

1. The yellow smiley that adds spoiler tags actually works. It seems like they added in that smiley and the regular spoiler tag code attached to it that pops up and wraps around the text when using it, but then the forum settings/configuration wasn't set to actually have it work when you press submit/Post/Preview.

2. Both the regular bbcode for spoilers ([ spoiler][/spoiler]) and the descriptive bbcode for spoilers ([/spoiler=whatever][/ spoiler] are setup to work. And frankly, I think if this is done, then the yellow smiley would work, which takes care of #1.

If this is done, then I think things would be okay. It does make me wonder if a couple of other things I can't do yet (embed video and use animated icons) are privilege-based or not.
Still not sure why you have any problem with spoiler functions. You're also the first to claim problems with animated icons. Maybe you should open a thread in the QSF forum. There may be something wrong with your account in general.

Embedded video support is limited. You can attach youtube clips by using

[ yt]youtube clip url here [ /yt]

That's the url for the youtube clip, don't use any embed code generated by the site.