View Single Post
Old November 15 2012, 05:25 PM   #99
Kommander
Commodore

Re: I need to run this by some people...

^ I don't see how it would work otherwise.

Although, given the polyamory thing, the situation is pretty much the same as if I was dating her, its just the restrictions are tighter. Typically, when dating someone with a primary partner, there are restrictions on sex, displays of affection, and time spent together, and it's the same here. The boundaries are a little more well defined than usual. Sex: Don't. Affection: keep it friendly, and time: we'll see. However, while more clear, boundaries aren't perfectly defined. The same types of issues are likely to come up.

Also, she hasn't told me to shut up about discussing boundaries yet. I can tell she finds it mildly annoying, but understands it's necessary. To describe the situation as bluntly as possible: I want to fuck her, her boyfriend doesn't want me to, and she promised her boyfriend she won't fuck anyone but him for the time being. I promised I'd respect the rules of their relationship, she doesn't know me well enough to know if I'll keep that promise, and I don't know her well enough to know if she keeps the promises she makes to her boyfriend, and the boyfriend and I don't know each other at all. That is a recipe for unpleasantness if not handled properly. Although, it doesn't seem like there will be any major problems here. I'm not used to that.
Kommander is offline   Reply With Quote