View Single Post
Old November 15 2012, 12:54 PM   #47
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: Firefly first-time/rewatch (NO SPOILERS, please)

Neroon wrote: View Post
Let's see if we can restart THIS thread but with the caution of "No spoilers, please", since that's essentially the original intent. There is always the spoiler coding to mask revealing statements, if it absolutely has to be said. In the meantime, I will edit the title to add the "No spoiler" proviso.
There actually isn't, at least not for me. And I frankly think it doesn't make any sense. Spoiler tags should be usable by anyone with an account here, regardless. This is because, as you and others have pointed out, they are not for the benefit of the person using them, but for everyone else.

So, why I have to be given the "privilege" of using them sometime down the line is beyond me because my use of them wouldn't actually benefit me. They are a kindness used for the benefit of others. I've wondered about this for some time, but I didn't want to say anything to rock the boat about how things are done here. I am sorry if I offend.

No matter, though. I just won't post anything spoilery or that would fit best under spoiler tags.

Thanks for helping with the title.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote