View Single Post
Old November 15 2012, 06:23 AM   #10
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: Best Place To Which You've Ever Traveled

I don't get to travel much, so when I do, I am usually amazed by just about anywhere. Still, the greatest place I've ever visited was Chicago. Aside from brief forays in Cincinnati on the way to the interstate, I have never actually traveled to a major city.

I have so many wonderful memories attached to Chicago, due mostly to the Star Trek convention I was attending there. Meeting celebrities, making new friends, trying out the local cuisine (Giordanos FTW!), dancing, drinking, and just being in one of the greatest places in the U.S.

Finally, being in my hotel room, standing in front of the wide plate glass window at dusk, and staring at the Chicago skyline. For a boy who comes from a town of 8,000 people, it was sublime. It was freedom. I'll never forget it.
I think heaven is what you make it. When I close my eyes for the final time, I hope to wake up standing in a grassy, breezy, sunlit field, a green tennis ball at my feet, and a little black lab, with a white diamond on her chest, running right towards me.
Rainbow Dash is online now   Reply With Quote